• Check-In: You are required to scan your membership mobile app barcode at the Reception Entrance on each visit to gain access.
• Identification: Energy Plus reserves the right to require a photo to be kept on-file with Energy Plus. Energy plus reserves the right to ask to show a photo identification or otherwise verify your identity before entering any Club.
• Good Standing: Energy Plus reserves the right to prohibit you from accessing and entering any Energy Plus Club if there are any outstanding past-due/overdue amounts payable to Energy Plus or your membership is otherwise not in good standing.
• Daily Guests: Guests must be accompanied by members, and all guests will be required to check in at the front desk, present proper photo identification, and sign a Guest Waiver in order to access and use the Club. Guest must comply with all applicable Energy Plus Policies while accessing and using a Club. Without limitation to any additional Energy Plus Policies, Energy Plus reserves the right to, in its discretion, to (1) limit the Clubs and/or hours available to guests; (2) limit the number of times any one individual may access Energy Plus as a guest; and (3) prevent any individual from accessing Energy Plus as a guest.
• Member Conduct: You are expected to act in a respectful and socially acceptable manner while using Energy Plus Fitness Club and to be mindful of other individuals' physical and personal space. You may not engage in behaviour or conduct that Energy Plus, in its discretion, considers unruly or inappropriate, including without limitation harassing, badgering, antagonizing, taunting, threatening, abusing, touching, or otherwise acting in an aggressive, unsportsmanlike, indecent or inappropriate manner towards any other member, guest, employee or other individual. Energy Plus reserves the right to remove you from Energy Plus Fitness Club and/or revoke, cancel, suspend or otherwise limit your membership, and/or notify law enforcement authorities if you engage in any conduct or behaviour that Energy Plus, in its discretion, considers inappropriate, indecent, unsafe, unlawful or otherwise in violation of Energy Plus Policies.
• No Cell Phone Camera Use in Private Areas
• Other Cell Phone and Camera Use: As a courtesy to other members, you may not speak on your cell phone, or utilize any video chat application, while on the Energy Plus Fitness Club floor. You may take photos or videos in public areas of Energy Plus Fitness Club (including without limitation Energy Plus Fitness Club floors) solely for your personal use. You may not take photos or videos in Energy Plus Fitness Club to promote your or any third party's business, products, or services. Use of any lighting, tripods or other such equipment is prohibited. You are expected to be respectful of other members, and you may not intentionally film another individual without their permission. If you post online or on social media a photo or video that was taken in the Energy Plus Fitness Club and another individual appearing in that content complains, Energy Plus reserves the right to ask you to remove the post.
• Lockers are provided solely for your benefit and convenience, and you are responsible for locking your locker. Energy Plus will remove any articles left in a locker overnight. Lost property will be kept for 2 weeks after which the management donate the items to charity of choice. No claims will be entertained after this period. Management accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to any items kept in lockers for any reason whatsoever. Certain lockers may be rented for an additional, non-refundable fee, subject to additional terms and conditions set forth in the required Locker Rental Agreement. In addition, if you rent a locker, you may also obtain laundry services if available for an additional, non-refundable fee, subject to additional terms and conditions set forth in the required Locker Rental Agreement if available. Energy Plus is not liable for any loss of or shrinkage or damage to your items while being laundered.
• Personal Property: You should avoid bringing valuables onto Energy Plus Fitness Club premises. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ENERGY PLUS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE LOSS OR THEFT OF, OR DAMAGE TO, ANY PERSONAL PROPERTY OF YOU OR YOUR GUESTS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY ITEMS LEFT IN LOCKERS, LOCKER ROOMS, STUDIOS, GYM, OR ELSEWHERE IN THE CLUB.
• Dress Code: You are required to wear appropriate athletic attire and footwear when using any Energy Plus Club equipment and participating in any group fitness classes, training session or other activity. Appropriate swimwear is required to enter and use Club pool. Energy Plus may deny you use of its Clubs if you do not wear proper attire and footwear, as determined in Energy Plus’s discretion. In certain group fitness classes, such as yoga, the instructor may require you to remove footwear for the class as a condition of participation.
• No Outside Trainers: Use of personal trainers who are not employed by Energy Plus is strictly prohibited at the Club. You may not provide personal training services to, or receive personal training services from, any other member or guest, regardless of whether a fee is charged
• Children: Children under sixteen (16) years of age are not permitted to use Club facilities, locker rooms and equipment, unless they are participating in children-specific programming offered by Energy Plus. You, as a child's parent or legal guardian, will be required to sign a waiver and release form on behalf of your child before your child may participate in any children's programming or personal training. Except when in For Kids Only classes or with a personal trainer, children must always be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Energy Plus reserves the right to, in its discretion, prohibit any child who is disruptive, unsupervised, sick, or otherwise interfering with the Club's operations from participating in children's programming.
• Weapons: Firearms and other weapons are strictly prohibited from being brought into Club facilities, even if you have a permit to carry a concealed weapon.
• Member acknowledges the existence of the Club Rules and Regulations governing use of Energy Plus equipment and facilities as well as participation in program and services. Energy Plus reserves the right to modify, amend or supplement the Terms and Condition in the sole discretion without prior notice.
• Memberships are neither non-refundable nor transferable and the use of a membership card by any person other than the member will result in the cancellation of the membership and forfeiture of fees.
• Joining fee applies to all new members and entitles the member to renew their membership without paying the joining fee again, as long as they renew within 2 months after their membership expires.
• Monthly membership dues will be automatically charged from the debit or credit card provided, every first day of every month. For any reason the debit/credit card becomes inactive, it is your responsibility to provide the club the new debit/credit card details for monthly dues payment. Energy Plus reserve the right to notify law enforcement authorities if you fail to do so within the same month.
• If monthly membership dues are still not settled after the second attempt (automatic) to charge, there will be an additional “late payment fee” of 125 AED that must be paid together with the current monthly membership dues at the reception counter.
• Non usage of the club shall not relieve the obligation to pay Member’s monthly dues.
• Monthly membership is open ended.
• The membership payments during the “lock in” period is mandatory, and the contract can not be cancelled before that. Lock in period is specified in a hard copy “Contract Summary” signed by the client when joining. • Cancellation can only be completed after the “lock-in” period is honoured and if there is no outstanding debt - except in rare cases such as mentioned below:
a) Job loss (client must have a termination letter with a date no earlier than one month);
b) Prolonged illness (client must have a stamped document with a date no earlier than one month) stating the prolonged (longer than 3 months)) impossibility of exercising.
• Members applying for cancellation of membership need to give a notice period of one month to apply the last month dues. The request can only be submitted before the 1st of the Month for the cancelation to take effect on the following month. Request for cancelation of the following month cannot be submitted after 1st of the current month.
• Members applying for cancellation must fill in the form which is sent by the Energy Plus team.
Once the cancellation request is sent, the Retention team will check its eligibility and contact the client accordingly within 24-48 hours.
• All Upfront membership payment must be paid in full before the membership start date. Upfront memberships cannot be paid in instalments.
• Delay Start: All memberships are eligible for delay start for 45 days. If the membership is on delay start no access is permitted.
• Membership corporate discounts are only valid when the client shows a valid ID and company document.
• Membership Freezes: You may temporarily suspend ("Freeze") your membership as follows:
• Non-Medical Freeze: Any reason other than medical
Non-Medical Freeze - Duration: Maximum of 60 days allowed yearly with any membership and minimum of 15 days.
Non-Medical Freeze - Freeze Fee: Each freezing will be charged 65 AED
• Medical Freeze: If you are medically unable to use any of the Energy Plus facilities, you will be required you to provide a recently dated signed and stamped letter from your doctor and/or other reasonable evidence of necessity before granting a request for a Medical Freeze.
Medical Freeze - Duration: Maximum of 60 days allowed yearly with any membership and minimum of 15 days.
Medical Freeze - Freeze Fee: Free
• Exclusion: You are not eligible for any Freeze if you have a past-due/overdue balance or your membership is otherwise not in good standing with Energy Plus, if you joined as part of payroll deducted or subsidized corporate membership program.
• How to Request a Freeze: All Freezes must be requested by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your membership will automatically revert to active status at the end of the requested Freeze period.
• Requests for all Freezes of monthly and upfront memberships must be made before in advance. Members can freeze their membership for a maximum of 60 days per membership year, not being mandatory that the periods are succeeded. This means that each membership year a client can request freeze as many times as they want, given that they do not successes a period of 60 days yearly. Each freeze between 1 and 15 days will cost 65 AED, and each freeze above 15 days will cost 130 AED. Retroactive Freezes are not permitted.
• In case of monthly memberships, credit corresponding the number of frozen dates will be applied on the next month membership dues.
• Personal Training Session Payment: You are required to pay for personal training ("Sessions") on or before the date of the Session.
• Session Cancellation: You may cancel or reschedule your Session up to six (6) hours before the Session is due to start. You will be charged for the full cost of the Session if you cancel or reschedule with less than six (6) hours prior notice or if you fail to show up to your Session. You are not entitled to any refund for or reinstatement of any late-cancelled or missed Session.
• Expiration of Sessions: All Sessions must be taken within the validity of the package.
1 session expires seven (7) days after the date of purchase, unless prohibited by law or a different expiration date is expressly stated in writing by Energy Plus.
4 session expires thirty (30) days after the date of purchase, unless prohibited by law or a different expiration date is expressly stated in writing by Energy Plus.
8 session expires sixty (60) days after the date of purchase, unless prohibited by law or a different expiration date is expressly stated in writing by Energy Plus.
12 session expires ninety (90) days after the date of purchase, unless prohibited by law or a different expiration date is expressly stated in writing by Energy Plus.
16 session expires one hundred and twenty (120) days after the date of purchase, unless prohibited by law or a different expiration date is expressly stated in writing by Energy Plus.
• No Refunds of Sessions: All sales of Sessions are final and non-refundable, except as required by law. Sessions and Treatments have no cash value and are non-transferable and non-refundable. Sessions may be used only during the term of your membership. If you have any unused Sessions at the time your membership is cancelled, you will not be entitled to a refund except for certain limited circumstances expressly set forth in your Membership Agreement.
• Mutual Respect: Sessions and Treatments are voluntary activities in which you may elect to participate. You understand and acknowledge that the nature of personal training may require close contact between you and your trainer, instructor or therapist and that he or she may need to touch your body to provide adjustments and guidance as necessary. You may end your Session or Treatment if you feel uncomfortable at any time. If you have any concerns as to how a Session or Treatment was conducted, please raise those concerns with the Club General Manager or Assistant General Manager. Energy Plus upholds its personnel to the highest standards of professionalism and expects the same in return from you. If you make any inappropriate or sexually suggestive remarks or advances, your Session or Treatment will be terminated immediately and Energy Plus may, in its discretion, terminate your membership or take other action it deems appropriate.
• Services Rendered by Energy Plus: Your purchases of any Personal training are the purchase of services to be provided by Energy Plus, not by any particular trainer or instructor and Energy Plus reserves the right to change or substitute your trainer or instructor at any time. For Personal Training, if you have specified a gender request for your trainer and Energy Plus is unable to accommodate that request for the scheduled time, Energy Plus will work with you to reschedule or, if needed, cancel your Session.
• Discounts: Energy Plus may offer certain discounts for purchasing Sessions as a package. Any such discounts apply only to the number of Session purchased in the package. Any further or additional Sessions will be charged at the then-current rate for individual Sessions.
• All group fitness classes require advance booking, and you will not be permitted to participate in these classes unless you have properly booked your spot through My Energy Plus application. Energy Plus may give away your booked spot if you are not in the class at class start time. You may book as many classes as you wish in advance, however you can attend only one class per day. You may cancel a booked class up to twelve (12) hours before the class starts without penalty. If you do not cancel within this allotted time or check in by the start of class, you will be considered as having "missed" your booked class. If you miss two (2) bookings within a seven (7) day period, you will be prohibited from booking classes online for a period of seven (7) days. Please avoid entering a class late or leaving a class early, as this is disruptive to other members' experience. Each member needs to be 10 mins prior to the conducting of the class.
• Collection of Information: Information collected may include without limitation name and contact information, information you provide in your communication with us (including interactions on social media), demographic information, credit card and other payment information, information on how you use and interact with Energy Plus and its Clubs and Digital Properties (including without limitation information on check-ins, class bookings, personal training and session notes and logs from your trainer or instructor), browser and device information and other information your provide to us (including without limitation information regarding health, physical condition, nutrition, fitness goals and workout results).
• Use of information: Information, Pictures and videos may be used to, without limitation administer your membership and provide you with ancillary services such as personal training: respond to your inquiries and questions, provide special offers and promotional materials ( See Marketing Communications below), communicate with you regarding your account, billing, club updates and operational information; provide Energy Plus’s products and services and otherwise satisfy Energy Plus’s legitimate business purpose and needs. Information may be used to deliver you a more relevant and curated experience. Information may be combined with other information collected about you during the course of your relationship with Energy Plus. Depending on the nature of the communication, Energy Plus may contact you by email, telephone, text or other means, automated or otherwise.
• Disclosure of information: Information may be disclosed to third parties as needed to administer your membership and operate Energy Plus’s business, including without limitation for compliance, legal and protection purposes. Energy Plus may share with third parties certain aggregated and/or anonymized data with third parties that may include your information but does not identify you. In the event of a merger, sake of the business or other corporate transaction, information will be transferred to the relevant third party without notice to you.
• Marketing Communications: Energy Plus may use your personal data to provide special offers, promotions, and information about Energy Plus and our service offerings to you. We may also use your personal data to determine if you are eligible for certain offers, - for example, discounted membership rates offer to your company’s employees. We may also send you newsletters and information about products services and promotions of our business partners and affiliates that we think you may find interesting.
• If you do not wish to receive any marketing emails, you can opt out of future mailing by clicking in the unsubscribe link located on the bottom of the relevant email. If you are a member and have established an account on the Digital Properties, you can also unsubscribe at any time by logging in and adjusting your communications preferences. Although we strive to update our email list as frequently as possible, you might receive another promotional email before we are able to remove you from our lists. If you are a member, please note that even if you opt-out of receiving promotional emails, you will continue to receive administrative and operational communications regarding your membership, such notices regarding billing or club closures, as described above.